If you have a Comcast email account, then there are several ways to check your emails.
While the easiest method is to go to their webmail service directly, there are ways that you can connect your Comcast account to your Google Gmail Account or Microsoft Hotmail Account for easy viewing.
Here we will look at how to check Comcast email both through the Comcast webmail service as well as through third party Webmail services.
How to Check Comcast Email – 5 Simple Ways
- 1Use the Comcast Xfinity Webmail Service
- 2Using Comcast Smartphone App
- 3Redirecting Comcast Email to Third Party Email Client
- 4Configuring an Email Client Like Microsoft Outlook
- 5Changing the Comcast Account Email Address Altogether
1. Use the Comcast Xfinity Webmail Service
The simplest way to check your Comcast Email is to directly visit their Webmail service.
The webmail service for Comcast is called xfinity.
Follow these simple steps to check your comcast email.
- 1Visit the xfinity.com home page
- 2Click the Email icon on top
- 3You will be taken to a new window
- 4Enter your username and password, then click sign in.
- 5You will now be taken to “Xfinity Connect”. This is the dashboard for your Comcast emails.
2. Using Comcast Smartphone App
Alternatively, you can also use the Comcast Xfinity Connect App to check for emails.
It is available on both Android as well as Apple devices such as iPhone and iPad.
when you launch the app for the first time, it will ask you to enter the email address and password for logging in.
Once you log in to the the app, click the “Email” button to access the webmail on the App.
The App also contains several other handy services provided by Comcast.
3. Redirecting Comcast Email to Third Party Email Client
If you want to redirect all incoming emails of your Comcast Xfinity account to a third party email service like Google Gmail, you can do so easily.
Here are the steps to redirect or forward your Xfinity emails to your Gmail Account
Adding Comcast to Gmail Account
- 1Log in to your Gmail Account
- 2Click the Gear Icon and Select “Settings”
- 3Click the “Account and Imports” tab
- 4Select “Add a mail Account”
- 5In the window that pops up, enter your Comcast Email Address and click “Next”
- 6Select the “Import Email From my Other Account (POP3)” radio option
- 7In the next Window, enter your desired username (it can be any) type in the password for your Comcast Email Address
- 8Make sure the settings are as follows: Port is set to 993. POP service is imap.comcast.net. “Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail” is checked.
Note that this will only allow you to RECEIVE EMAILS. You will not be able SEND EMAILS with your Comcast Email address from Gmail.
4. Configuring an Email Client Like Microsoft Outlook
If you want to get your Comcast Email forwarded to an Email Client like Microsoft Outlook or Windows Mail, you can do so as well.
For Incoming Mail use the following settings:
or Outgoing Mail use the following settings:
Once the email client is configured with the above mentioned settings, you’ll be able to receive as well as send emails using your Comcast email address.
Another benefit of configuring an Email Client like Microsoft Outlook is that it saves the messages offline. Therefore, you can retrieve and view all the previously received emails even when you are not connected to the internet.
5. Changing the Comcast Account Email Address Altogether
If you don’t want to use the Xfinity Email account but want to receive notifications, updates and news from Comcast, you can just change the account email address to the one you use often.
Follow these steps to change the email address in your Comcast account.
- 1On the Xfinity site, click “Sign In”
- 2Next go into your Account Settings and select “Personal Contact Information”
- 3Click “Edit” next to “Additional Email”
- 4Click “Add a Personal Email Address” and then “Add Email”
- 5After adding the new Email Address, click “Edit” and click “Make this Preferred”.
Here you can add your frequently used Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo etc account. Once you make a certain email address your preferred choice, all the important notifications about your account as well as relevant Comcast news will be sent to that email address.
You can also remove an email address from here.
This way you will save yourself from the headache of logging into your Xfinity webmail just to check your Comcast account news.
People Also Ask (FAQs)
What if you have forgotten your Comcast Email and Password?
We have all been in this situation. No one really bothers to check infrequently used webmail accounts. As a result, it is common to loose the password as well as the username.
Retrieving both username and password is quite simple.
- 1Visit the xfinity.com homepage and select the “Email” Icon on top
- 2In the Login Screen, select forgot Username
- 3You would be able to retrieve your username using three ways
If you are having a difficult time retrieving the username and password using the methods above, you can always call Comcast Customer Service Helpline at 1 (800) 934-6489.
Are Comcast email .com or .net?
This is one of the questions that usually comes up. So what is the Comcast email format? is it .net or .com?
The simple answer is that Comcast uses .net
This is quite confusing given the fact that the TLD for the main website is .com.
How to Email Comcast Customer Service?
You cannot directly email the customer service or to someone from the staff.
Instead, you will need to visit Xfinity Customer Support page (xfinity.com/support/contact-us/).
There you have multiple options such as Chat with a Live Agent Online, Schedule a Call, and find the status of your complaints.
How to Delete Comcast Email Account
The best way to delete your Comcast Email Account is to get in touch with a customer service agent.
They will either disable the account themselves or guide you through the process.
You must note that if you have an active Comcast account, it may not be possible to delete the email account.
What to Do when Comcast Email is Hacked?
If you suspect that your Comcast Email is hacked, the most immediate thing you should do is get in touch with Comcast Customer Service Agents.
Ask them to disable your account ASAP.